open calls, proposals, fellowships, and competitions
2024 Grand Canyon Artist-in-Residence
Deadline: July 31, 2023
- Grand Canyon Conservancy’s Artist-in-Residence program supports contemporary solo artists who wish to contribute to the cultural and aesthetic legacy of Grand Canyon. The Artist-in-Residence program is directly tied to the National Park Service’s priority of expanding equity and inclusion through storytelling and the Grand Canyon Conservancy’s mission “to inspire generations of park champions and to cherish and support the natural and cultural wonder of Grand Canyon.” We define “storytelling” as the aesthetic or conceptual interpretation of a site through any artistic medium.
Nevadan to Nevadan: Poetry Project
- Must use epistolary style
- Open to all ages
- No entry fee
The Vilcek Foundation Call for Designs
Deadline: June 12, 2023
- 2024 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Design. The Vilcek Foundation will award three Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise of $50,000 each to young, immigrant designers who demonstrate outstanding early achievement in design.
- Eligible Categories:
- Digital design: experience design, game design, information design/data visualization, interaction design, software design, systems design, etc.
- Graphic design: branding, communication design, identity, packaging design, etc.
- Product design: furniture design, industrial design, lighting design, materials design, transportation design, etc.
- Social design: ecological design, equitable design, inclusive design, service design, sustainable design, etc.
Nevadan Community health worker association call for proposals
- Artists presenting vaccine information
- In recognition of the importance of the Silver State’s community of artists, Nevada artists are invited to apply to be chosen to create artworks that are unique, accurate and will serve to increase vaccine awareness. Selected artists will then create artwork such as visual art, comics, songs, and other culturally relevant formats that speak to underserved rural and urban communities
- Proposals Accepted in English, Spanish, or other languages spoken by Nevadans
Silver Stage Players Presents Writer Spotlight Call for Submissions
Deadline: May 26, 2023
- TSilver Stage Players is currently looking for submissions from local writers with the intent to select 3 pieces that will be performed.
- Submisisons should be written as a One Act meant to be performed in 20 – 30 minutes.
- Email: email@example.com
Pitch Black Printing Call for Art! “Valiant and Vile” – a Group Art Show
Deadline: June 2nd, 2023, close of business.
- “Valiant and Vile” – a Group Art Show hosted by Pitch Black Printing and Coffee & Comics
- Gather your mightiest weapons of artistic creation! We go… to BATTLE. We call upon all artists of the Reno-verse! Capture, in your style, the daringly valiant Heroes alongside their dastardly vile Villains!
- We will not tip the scales of justice toward the side of good or the side of evil. TWO pieces must be offered up to complete this query. One villain for every hero! Artists are to submit two pieces at once or partner with a fellow artist to fulfill this quest. The exhibition of all submissions will be twofold. Heroes will start at The Fortress of Coffee & Comics while the Villians wait, ready to pounce, at The Pitch Black Sanctum of Printing. On June 24th they will be pitted against each other! We await your response. This message will self-destruct in 10…9…8…
- We’re looking forward to each hero/villain pairing, whether you submit both yourself or team up with another artist. The hero half of the show will be on display at Coffee & Comics for a week beginning June 17th, and then the hero art pieces will move over to join the villains at Pitch Black Printing Co. for a joint reception on June 24th.
Carson City Arts & Culture South Carson Street/South Stewart Street Roundabout
Deadline: June 30, 2023
- This Call to Artists seeks a public art piece for the roundabout that will celebrate our community and provide welcoming aesthetics to pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists entering from all directions of the roundabout.
- This opportunity is open to professional artists or teams who are at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have public art project experience that matches the scope of the project and must have successfully managed and completed at least one large-scale commission on schedule and on budget. The budget for this project is $190,000 for all costs and expenses required to fully realize, deliver, and install the original artwork selected.
Sierra Arts Foundation Visual Artists grant
Deadline: May 31, 2023 at 11:59pm PST
- Open to: Visual Artists in the following categories: Photography, 2D, and 3D
- Grant amount: $1,000 each to 3 artists
The 2023 Voices of Lincoln Poetry Contest
Deadline: July 20, 2023
- The 19th Annual Voices of Lincoln Poetry Contest.
- The contest theme is “The Five Ws Of Life: Who? What? Where? When? Why? . . . Discover The Answers Through Poetry.”
- Everyone is encouraged to enter the contest. Poets do not have to live in Lincoln, CA to be eligible. There is no entry fee. Young Poets, 18-years of age or under, are encouraged to submit poems and will compete in a special “Young Poets” category.
For K-12 Students & Teachers:
The annual Taxi Art Contest, hosted by the EDAWN Foundation
Deadline: April 21, 2023
- This year’s theme is “Northern Nevada Is a Great Place to Live”
- The top three finalists in each category (Elementary, Middle, and High School) will receive a $500 check, and the first-place winner in each category will have their artwork displayed on local taxis for a whole year!
More Open Calls:
Want to highlight your organization’s opportunity?
- To submit an artist opportunity to be considered and featured on this page, please email the Arts Initiatives Specialist: Kassandra Andicoechea-Schmaling
- Please include:
- Application timeframes
- Short description of Opportunity
- Link to Website
Please note we will only publish free opportunities with no application fees.