Basin to Range Exchange
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates statewide collaboration through arts, culture, and community.
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates rural-metropolitan collaboration through arts, culture and community placemaking. The program includes an in-person gathering, inter-community exchange activities, peer to peer collaboration and unique networking opportunities. BRX aims to:
- Foster statewide relationships.
- Eliminate common stereotypes between Nevada’s rural and metropolitan communities.
- Amplify resources, assets, traditions, and histories.
- Identify new funding streams and cross-cultural partnerships towards community arts development and engagement.
- Promote inter-community cultural planning and arts-based initiatives to enrich the lives of all residents.
- Enhance the quality of local cultural programming.
- Strengthen local economies while honoring Nevada’s community cultivators.
If participating in a partnership project the commitment includes:
- Attend the In-Person BRX Gathering: April 17-19, 2023 in Ely, NV.
- Collaborative Opportunities: Networking is highly encouraged to develop extensions of peer support, mentorship, and cultural exchange between rural and metropolitan communities. Partnerships between two distinct communities are necessary to submit to the FY24 BRX Target of Opportunity Grant.
- Community Exchange and Engagement Activities: Participants will develop and implement pilot arts and cultural or community development projects that facilitate rural-metropolitan exchange and strengthen cross-cultural community engagement. Projects must begin planning and implementation between April 2023-June 2024. (Projects do NOT have to be completed by June 2024 unless they are completely funded by the Nevada Arts Council. A final report or preliminary report depending on the duration of the project will be required before June 2024. Both reports are required to follow Nevada Arts Council Grant Guidelines.)
- If selected for the FY24 BRX Target of Opportunity Grant, partners are required to attend Quarterly Team Meetings, Project Reviews, and Conference Calls.
Sixty participants from across the state will be selected from an application process to attend the in-person BRX gathering. Program participants will range from artists, community stakeholders, as well as representatives from private and public sectors. Attendees will gather to discuss challenges and strategies intended to create solution-driven projects. During the convening, attendees will also engage in facilitated conversations that cultivates ideas, improves the needs of the community, promotes economic development and initiates creative placemaking. Additional time and session blocks will be designed for networking, project ideas, and creative exchange.
This program is for anyone interested in connecting rural and metropolitan Nevada through the arts. This includes but is not limited to Veterans, Health Care workers, Public Administrators, Seniors, Arts Organizers, Business Owners, Community Leaders, Educators, and Arts Enthusiasts. *Due to limited capacity only one representative from an organization may be selected to participate. Please apply individually to be considered.
2023-2024 NEVADA BASIN TO RANGE PROGRAM
Apply to participate in the 2023-2024 Nevada Basin to Range (BRX) Program and join us for three days of in-person programing and peer exchange in Ely, NV. April 17-19, 2023. Participants can expect targeted presentations, discussions, and plenty of opportunities for peer exchange. This year’s program centers the theme of LEGACY to ask how the arts can activate communities to honor the past, engage in the present, and design for the future. Accepted participants will receive complimentary lodging at the Hotel Nevada for check in April 17, 2023 and check out April 20, 2023. This year’s program will include an optional early afternoon historic tour of Ely followed by an Opening Reception at 5:00pm on April 17, 2023. The program will conclude mid-afternoon April 19, 2023. Do not miss this unique opportunity for resource exchange, peer support, and partnership opportunities between rural and metropolitan communities.
April 17-19, 2023 Nevada Basin to Range Exchange In-Person Gathering in Ely!
January 27, 2023 – BRX 2023 Applications Open
February 20, 2023 – Early Application Period Closes
March 15, 2023 – Application Period Closes
March 22, 2023 – Program Registration Fees Due
April 10, 2023 – Pre-program Information Sent to Participants
April 17, 2023 – Check in at the Hotel Nevada, Optional Tour, Opening Reception at 5:00pm, Optional Evening Activity
April 18, 2023 – Morning Session, Break – Lunch On Your Own, Afternoon Session, Optional Evening Activity
April 19, 2023 – Morning Session, Break – Lunch On Your Own, Afternoon Session, Optional Networking Time
April 20, 2023 – Check out of the Hotel Nevada
Summer 2023 – Information about funding and projects announced.
Fall 2023 – Virtual Meeting
Spring 2024 – Virtual Meeting
June 2024 – 2023-2024 BRX Program Projects Completed
October 19, 2022 – Virtual BRX Gathering
Watch the Virtual BRX Gathering Presentations.