Basin to Range Exchangecreating statewide collaboration through art & community
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates statewide collaboration through arts, culture, and community.
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates rural-urban collaboration through arts and culture. The BRX program is a one-year program that includes in person gatherings, intercommunity arts-based exchange activities, and peer to peer collaboration opportunities. BRX aims to:
- Foster relationships between Nevada’s rural and urban communities.
- Connect resources, assets, traditions, and histories between rural and urban communities.
- Identify and encourage new funding streams, cross-sector partnerships, and collaborative approaches for arts and culture programming.
- Engage intercommunity arts initiatives to enrich the lives of all residents, enhance the quality of life throughout the state and strengthen local economies.
- Celebrate Nevada’s rural and urban assets.
The program will take place between April 17, 2023 – June 30, 2024, and include:
- One in-Person Gathering: Program participants will attend a three-day gathering in April 2023. More information to be announced soon!
- Collaborative Opportunities: Networking will be highly encouraged to develop extensions of peer support, mentorship, and cultural exchange between rural and urban communities. Partnerships will also be encouraged to comprise a representation at least two different communities.
- Community Exchange and Engagement Activities: Participants will develop and implement pilot arts and cultural programs that facilitate rural-urban exchange and community engagement. Projects will be designed and implemented between April 2023-June 2024. If additional funding is secured, participants will have the opportunity to apply for and receive additional funding sources for these projects.
- If selected for the FY24 BRX Target of Opportunity Grant, Quarterly Team Meetings, Project Reviews and Conference Calls will be required.
Over 50 participants from across the state will be selected from an applicat
ion process to attend an in-person gathering. Program participants will range from artists, community stakeholders, as well as representatives from private and public sectors. Attendees will gather to discuss challenges and strategies intended to create solution-driven projects. During the convening, attendees will also engage in facilitated conversations that cultivates ideas, improves the needs of the community, promotes economic development and initiates creative placemaking. Additional time and session blocks will be designed for networking, project ideas and creative exchange.
This program is for anyone interested in connecting rural and urban Nevada through the arts. This includes but is not limited to Veterans, Health Care workers, Public Administrators, Seniors, Arts Organizers, Business Owners, Community Leaders, Educators, and Arts Enthusiasts. *To note, only one representative from an organization will be able to apply.
October 19, 2022 – Virtual BRX Gathering
Join the Nevada Arts Council, Wednesday, October 19, for a Basin to Range Exchange Virtual Gathering! This two-hour session will offer the opportunity to connect Nevada’s rural and metro communities through discussions around the theme of Unity & Recovery. Two sessions are available to accommodate your schedule.
Register now and select your session time for the 2022 B
RX Virtual Gathering:
Virtual BRX Gathering Session 1: Oct 19, 2022, 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Virtual BRX Gathering Session 2: Oct 19, 2022, 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Spring 2023 Nevada Basin to Range Exchange In-Person Gathering
Fall 2022 – Event and Program Information Available Online
Winter 2022/23 – BRX Application Opens
February, 2023 – BRX Application Closes
April 2023 – BRX Convening
More information coming soon!
Program to bring rural, urban art to launch in Tonopah