Nevada Arts Council Program and Grant Updates
Office Access and Staffing Patterns
Staff is currently operating in Work-from-Home-Status rotating time in both Carson City and Las Vegas offices as needed. Fiscal operations remain an essential function and program areas are continuing their work and service daily and we continue to follow state guidelines.
The Nevada Arts Council is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its effect on the arts community and our constituents. Some events have been canceled or postponed and the agency will be making more decisions in the coming days and weeks. Following is a list of Nevada Arts Council produced events or activities with their current status.
We encourage you to stay up to date to help your organization prepare for a potential impact from COVID-19. Below are some resources:
- To assist you related to COVID-19 in Nevada, the state has created a new informational website.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is posting its latest updated information on an ongoing basis and recommends connecting to your state, territorial and local health agencies for location-specific guidance.
- ArtsReady and NCAPER (National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response) are regularly updating their sites with arts-specific resources and advice.
- The CDC recently issued guidance on how to Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease.
- COVID: Preparedness Resource compiled by the Art House Convergence is a list of resources useful for those operating independent theaters and venues.
- Americans for the Arts offers a Resource and Response Center to share with attendees, program participants and employees.
- The American Guild of Musical Artists and the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society released their Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook to help performing arts organizations craft their own safety plans.
- The National Endowment for the Arts has launched its The Art of Reopening: A Guide to Current Practices Among Arts Organizations During Covid-19.
- NEW: The city of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs has created a list of direct grant and funding support offered to artists and/or arts organizations practicing in a variety of mediums and disciplines in Nevada. This list will be continually updated and is available here: City of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs Arts Grants and Funding Support Program
- NEW: The 2021 COVID-19 Arts Resources Table is regularly updated by the Arts Action Fund. The table provides information on all of the new and expanded federal resources for artists and arts organizations as a result of the economic aid package enacted on December 27, 2020.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBC)
- Nevada Unemployment Information
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Washoe County Artist Relief Fund
- Rauschenberg Medical Emergency Grants
- Nevada Arts Council CARES Act Grants (closed)
- Nevada Humanities CARES Act Grants (closed)
- WESTAF CARES Act Relief Funds (closed)
- Artist Relief (closed)
Share How COVID-19 is Impacting You/Your Organization
- Take the Americans for the Arts Impact Survey
- View specific impact to Nevada arts organizations and Nevada artists who have taken the survey. Please allow the page to fully load and then use the drop down button to select Nevada.