Nevada Arts Council Program and Grant Updates
Office Access and Staffing Patterns
Staff is currently operating in Work-from-Home-Status rotating time in both Carson City and Las Vegas offices as needed. Fiscal operations remain an essential function and program areas are continuing their work and service daily. Return to office scenarios are being formulated. Travel restrictions are in place until further notice
The Nevada Arts Council is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its effect on the arts community and our constituents. Some events have been cancelled or postponed and the agency will being making more decisions in the coming days and weeks. Following is a list of Nevada Arts Council produced events or activities with their current status.
- Basin to Range Exchange
April 21-22 – Postponed. New Dates To Be Determined.
Nevada Touring Initiative
Home Means NevadaVirgin Valley Art Association
Mesquite, NV – Closed until further notice
Nevada Touring Initiative
Still Here NowHumbolt County Library,
Winnemucca, NV – Closed until further notice.
Update as of July 1, 2020: The Nevada Arts Council’s CARES Act Grant is currently closed, and all CARES Act funds have been awarded.
As part of the $2 trillion federal CARES Act passed by Congress to provide economic relief to the nation during the coronavirus pandemic, $75 million was allocated to the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) to assist organizations operating within the arts and cultural sector. Of the $75 million allocated to the NEA, 40% is designated to be divided nationally among state arts agencies, like the Nevada Arts Council, for distribution in their respective states. The NAC has received $442,000 of these funds. On May 13, 2020 the Governor’s Finance Office and the Interim Finance Committee of the Nevada State Legislature approved the work program to bring in this additional funding to the Nevada Arts Council.
Approximately $49,750 will be utilized by the agency and the remaining $392,250 was allocated to be subgranted to many of the state’s non-profit arts organizations. In a May 1, 2020 meeting of the NAC Board, grant funding distribution was approved with $291,500 in relief funds ready to be amended to the fifty (50) operational grant recipients. The remaining $100,750 was allocated to be awarded to our other arts organizations who are not currently operational grant recipients. On May 18, The Nevada Arts Council informed all FY20 Operational Support Grantees of their CARES Act Grant Awards. On June 1 at 9:00 am, the Nevada Arts Council opened the remaining CARES Act Grants. As of July 1, 2020, all CARES Act funding was awarded.
FY 20 Competitive Grants
The Nevada Arts Council has heard from many of you with concerns regarding the potential impact of COVID-19 on your arts programs, events and cultural facilities. Please continue to process and submit your Final Reports by the requested deadline. For those of you with concerns about current or pending grants due to activities that are cancelled or postponed, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working to find the best solutions for each of you at this time. We will notify all grantees If we make any changes to policies and we will navigate this process together.
- FY21 Grants
The Nevada Arts Council pushed back the submission due date and application opening date for its upcoming FY21 grants. Please review the list below for details. The agency is currently reviewing available funding for its Grants and Program Funding for FY21 and based on available funding, will determine how best to move forward with program and grant activities for FY21.
- FY21 Competitive Grants
- Project Grant for Organizations: New Due Date: April 24, 2020 – Applications Closed and On-Hold
- Arts Learning Project Grant: New Due Date: May 1, 2020 – Applications Closed and On-Hold
- Project Grant for Artists (Cycle A): New Due Date: May 8, 2020 – Applications Closed and On-Hold
- Artist Fellowship Grant & Folk Arts Fellowship Grant: New Due Date: May 15, 2020 – Applications Closed and On-Hold
- FY21 Noncompetitive Grants: Application Open Date TBD
- Folklife Community Grant
Supporting the work of folk artists & culture bearers in Nevada communities
- Folklife Artist Grant
Supporting the work of folk artists & culture bearers
- Professional Development Grant (Cycle A: July 1-December 31, 2020)
Promoting the continuing education of Nevada’s arts industry
- Arts Learning Express Grant (Cycle A: July 1-December 31, 2020)
Supporting short-term teaching artist residencies
- Folklife Community Grant
More information on the grants listed above may be found here.
We encourage you to stay up to date to help your organization prepare for a potential impact from COVID-19. Below are some resources:
- To assist you related to COVID-19 in Nevada, the state has created a new informational website.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is posting its latest updated information on an ongoing basis and recommends connecting to your state, territorial and local health agencies for location-specific guidance.
- ArtsReady and NCAPER (National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response) are regularly updating their sites with arts-specific resources and advice.
- The CDC recently issued guidance on how to Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease.
- COVID: Preparedness Resource compiled by the Art House Convergence is a list of resources useful for those operating independent theaters and venues.
- Americans for the Arts offers a Resource and Response Center as well as basic individual prevention measures to share with attendees, program participants and employees.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBC) Loan Information and Nevada District Office.
- Nevada Unemployment Information
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Nevada Arts Council CARES Act Grants
- Nevada Humanities CARES Act Grants
- WESTAF CARES Act Relief Funds
- Artist Relief
- Washoe County Artist Relief Fund
Share How COVID-19 is Impacting You/Your Organization
- Take the Americans for the Arts Impact Survey
- View specific impact to Nevada arts organizations and Nevada artists who have taken the survey. Please allow the page to fully load and then use the drop down button to select Nevada.