Community Arts Development (CAD) supports Nevada’s nonprofit arts and culture organizations, municipalities, public institutions, and communities with a variety of programs and services aimed to build vibrant communities statewide. CAD works to:
- Elevate the arts and culture infrastructure statewide
- Expand the skill set of Nevada’s creative community
- Cultivate organizational capacity
- Facilitate professional networking and relationship building within and between communities
- Increase access to the arts
CAD staff is committed to assisting communities and community arts organizations. The work of this program includes implementation of community cultural assessments, developing strategic plans, providing links to new resources, and arranging for peer to peer networking opportunities to assist with the challenges of working toward long term sustainability.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX)
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes, and celebrates rural-urban collaboration through the arts, culture, and community. Read more
Arts & Economic Prosperity 5 (AEP5) – AEP6 Coming Soon!
Arts and Economic Prosperity 5 (AEP5) is the most comprehensive economic impact study of the nonprofit arts and culture industry. In 2015, the State of Nevada joined Americans for the Arts to gather data from 164 nonprofit arts and culture organizations and over 2,200 audience spending surveys. Read more
FY23 Project Grant for Organizations
The Project Grant for Organizations supports arts and cultural projects with community impact. Open to non-profit organizations and public institutions. Deadline March 25, 2022, at 5:00pm. Read more here for Grant Guidelines and Application Questions
- Community Arts Development Specialist, Michelle Patrick, 702-687-3732 or email
- Community Arts Development Specialist, Erica Hill,775-687-7119 or email
SIGN-UP TO RECIEVE COMMUNITY ARTS DEVELOPMENT E-NEWS
Receive emails with news from the Nevada Arts Council’s Community Arts Development Program. You can also opt in to receive updates and notifications about other program areas at the Nevada Arts Council.
- Step by Step to a Nonprofit
- How to Incorporate in the State of Nevada
- Using a Fiscal Agent
- Unique Entity ID (UEI) Q&A from GSA.gov
- National Council of Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Quarterly
Follow our social media to stay up-to-date with all that’s happening with the Nevada Arts Council.