APPLY FOR FY21 ARTIST FELLOWSHIP GRANT for literary and performing artists
The online application is open for the FY21 Artist Fellowship Grant for contemporary literary and performing artists. Updated application deadline is May 15, 2020.
Application Open: February 3– May 15, 2020
Amount Awarded: $5,000
Number of Awards: 5 in Literary Arts and 5 in Performing Arts
Eligible Disciplines: Literary & Performing Arts
*UPDATED Application Deadline:
April 15, 2020 May 15, 2020[/vc_column_text][/vc_column]
About the Fellowship Awards
This annual award recognizes the outstanding work of Nevada’s literary, performing and visual artists. Eligible disciplines rotate on a two-year cycle.
The Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Artist Fellowship Grant (AFG) from the Nevada Arts Council (NAC) recognizes literary and performing artists living in Nevada who demonstrate excellence in their work. (In fiscal 2022, the application is open to visual artists.)[/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
1. CREATIVE PROSE (FICTION/NONFICTION): literary work in all varieties and genres, such as excerpts from fiction novels, short stories, and writing for young adults.
2. DRAMATIC WRITING: includes original stage plays, screenplays, and radio plays.
3. POETRY: includes original work in all forms and genres of poetry.
1. CHOREOGRAPHY/MUSIC & THEATER DIRECTION: includes original choreography in all dance forms including ballet, hip-hop, jazz, modern, and tap. Also includes music or theater direction of a play, opera, musical, or a devised piece of work.
2. MUSIC COMPOSITION: includes original composition in all musical genres including chamber, choral, electronic, experimental, jazz, opera and symphonic.
3. DANCE/MUSIC/THEATER/ STORYTELLING PERFORMANCE: includes original work from performance artists including dance, country/jazz/rock/opera/pop music, theater and musical theater, mime, puppetry, spoken word and storytelling.
READ THE GUIDELINES