APPLY TO BE ON THE BRX 2020 ADVISORY PANEL
NAC is excited to announce a call for applicants to the 2020 Basin to Range Exchange (BRX)– Advisory Panel. BRX is a program of Community Arts Development with the Nevada Arts Council, a division of the Nevada Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs. The Community Arts Development program supports long-term structural change in communities across Nevada through strategic planning, community engagement, and artistic design.
About the 2020 BRX Advisory Panel
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange Advisory Panel, comprised of no more than 12 individuals, will support NAC staff and BRX participants through the following:
- Participant Application and Selection: Panelists will be required to review all applications and assist in the scoring and selection process. This process is confidential until made public. Therefore, panelists should not share or discuss any applicants in the program prior to NAC announcement. Conflict of interests must be made prior to the selection meeting with Michelle or Grace.
- Resources and fiscal support: Panelists are integral to the success of projects and are expected to provide and identify funding opportunities for projects and the overall BRX program.
- Outreach and Networking: Panelists are expected to actively connect supporters of the arts with community members who are not actively familiar with the BRX program.
- Project Participation: Project development and management is the responsibility of the participants. Panelists will serve only in an advisory capacity and are not permitted to be active partners in projects to ensure organic and authentic initiatives.
- Planning + Meetings
- Panelists are required to assist, in any capacity available, with convening planning.
- There are 6 Advisory Panel meetings: Panelists must attend a minimum of 4.
- January 2020 Panel meeting, reviewing applications is mandatory.
Attendance to Tonopah convening, April 2020, is optional but highly recommended.
The BRX Advisory Panel application will OPEN on Monday, August 26 at 9:00 AM PST and CLOSE on Friday, September 20 at 5:00 PM EST. Space is limited to 12 accepted panelists. To apply please click HERE. Accepted applicants will be notified Monday, September 23.
About Basin to Range Exchange or BRX*
BRX is a one-year program that includes in-person gatherings, intercommunity arts and cultural exchange activities and peer to peer mentorship. BRX aims to:
- Foster relationships between Nevada’s rural and urban communities.
- Connect resources, assets, traditions, and histories between rural and urban communities.
- Identify and encourage new funding streams, cross-sector partnerships, and collaborative approaches for arts and culture programming.
- Engage intercommunity arts initiatives to enrich the lives of all residents, enhance the quality of life throughout the state and strengthen local economies.
- Celebrate Nevada’s rural and urban assets.
*BRX participant applications will open December 2019.
- Monday, August 26 applications OPEN at 9:00 AM PST
- Friday, September 20 applications CLOSE at 5:00 PM EST
- Monday, September 23 accepted applicants notified
- Monday – Wednesday, April 20 – 22 BRX 2020 Convening in Tonopah
For more information, please contact Michelle Patrick (702) 486-3732, email or Grace Davis (775) 687-7119, email