- This event has passed.
Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival: Little Shop of Horrors
August 17 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until August 20, 2023
Little Shop of Horrors
The Delectable Musical Comedy
Book and Lyrics by Howard Ashman
Music by Alan Menken
Based on a film by Roger Corman
Screenplay by Charles Griffith
Directed by Victoria Bussert
Could fame, fortune, and love be on the menu for a hapless flower shop assistant after he crosses paths with a new and unusual plant? Or will this strange, sentient seedling have other things in mind? This campy, cheerful romp has devoured the hearts of audiences throughout the world for over 30 years. The legendary team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney’s Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid) are behind this delicious sci-fi smash musical that features popular favorites such as “Suddenly, Seymour,” “Skid Row,” and “Somewhere That’s Green.”
Sales & Weather Policies:
- Weather: Performances are not cancelled prior to their scheduled curtain time due to weather disruptions (rain, etc.). In the event of a weather-related cancellation during a performance, tickets and NV State Parks Entrance Passes can be exchanged for another performance within the same season at our onsite ticket office according to its hours of operation. Announcements regarding weather cancellations will be made from the stage at the performance’s scheduled start time.
- AQI: We also monitor Air Quality Index (AQI) disruptions at our venue. If AQI levels at Sand Harbor consistently trend to exceed 200 on a performance day, we will begin to explore a cancellation in advance of curtain time. If a cancellation is necessary, we will communicate with patrons via email and social media by 3:00 p.m. PT and share ticket resolution options.
- Exchanges: Other ticket/entrance pass exchanges are permitted for performances within the same season and must be made 24 hours prior to the originally scheduled performance curtain time. A $5 per ticket fee will be charged. Exchanges are subject to availability and restrictions may apply. Tickets returned to our Box Office qualify as a tax-deductible donation if received 24 hours prior to a performance. NV State Parks Entrance Passes are not eligible for a tax-deductible donation.
Parking: A Nevada State Parks Entrance Pass is required to gain access to and park at the venue that Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival (LTSF) calls home for all events. The $10/per vehicle/per day fee (applies to all vehicles when purchased in advance) is required by Nevada law and may be used to access Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park after 5:00 p.m. on the date listed on the Pass only.
- For Entrance Passes purchased on-site on the day of a scheduled event, the following fee structure applies: $10/per vehicle/per day, in-state license plate; $15/per vehicle/per day, out-of-state license plate.
- As this is an Entrance Pass as opposed to a Parking Pass, note that the fee applies to rideshare-related services (Uber, Lyft, etc.) for pick-ups and drop-offs at our venue. Please visit the Directions and Parking page of our website for essential, rideshare-related visit pick-up and drop-off details.
- LTSF does not benefit directly from Nevada State Parks Entrance Pass fees.