- This event has passed.
Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) Application Open
January 17, 2022
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until January 31, 2022
Please fill out the application to attend the Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) happening April 18th to 20th, 2022 in Tonopah, NV. Applications do not guarantee acceptance and spots are limited. Apply before the January 31st, 2022 deadline at Nevada Arts Council Application Manager – FY22 BASIN TO RANGE EXCHANGE PROGRAM (submittable.com)
More about BRX:
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates rural-urban collaboration through arts and culture. The BRX program is a one-year program that includes in person gatherings, intercommunity arts-based exchange activities, and peer to peer collaboration opportunities. BRX aims to:
- Foster relationships between Nevada’s rural and urban communities.
- Connect resources, assets, traditions, and histories between rural and urban communities.
- Identify and encourage new funding streams, cross-sector partnerships, and collaborative approaches for arts and culture programming.
- Engage intercommunity arts initiatives to enrich the lives of all residents, enhance the quality of life throughout the state and strengthen local economies.
- Celebrate Nevada’s rural and urban assets.
The program will take place between April 18, 2022 – June 30, 2023, and include:
- One in-Person Gathering: Program participants will attend a three-day gathering in Tonopah, NV from Monday April 18th to Wednesday April 20th 2022.
- Collaborative Opportunities: Networking will be highly encouraged to develop extensions of peer support, mentorship, and cultural exchange between rural and urban communities. Partnerships will also be encouraged to comprise a representation at least two different communities.
- Community Exchange and Engagement Activities: Participants will develop and implement pilot arts and cultural programs that facilitate rural-urban exchange and community engagement. Projects will be designed and implemented between April 2022-June 2023. If additional funding is secured, participants will have the opportunity to apply for and receive additional funding sources for these projects.
- If selected for the FY23 BRX Target of Opportunity Grant:
Quarterly Team Meetings, Project Reviews and Conference Calls will be required.
Selected Projects invited to Present at the 2023 Nevada Basin to Range Exchange.
- Application opens: December 27, 2021
- Application deadline: January 31, 2022
- Participants notified of acceptance into program: February 21, 2022
- Opening gathering in Tonopah: April 18-20, 2022
- Development and implementation of intercommunity arts projects: April 18, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- BRX Project Due: June 2023
PROGRAM REGISTRATION FEE (due upon acceptance): $75
This covers daily and evening activities at the BRX gathering, opening dinner (Monday), lunch (Tuesday), and breakfasts (Tuesday and Wednesday) during the April 18-20, 2022, opening convening. Participants are responsible for securing their own transportation to Tonopah and dinner on Tuesday evening.
APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA
Space is limited to 60 participants. In the event that we receive more than 60 applications, the following criteria will be used to score applications and make participant selections. All criteria will be equally weighted.
- Applicant demonstrates a connection to the program through their artistic practice and/or professional career.
- Applicant demonstrates the ability to uniquely contribute to the program.
- Applicant’s participation will help ensure that there is appropriate representation from multiple communities statewide. (e.geographic, industry, profession, arts discipline)