Grant Applicantssupporting creation and access to the arts
Applying for Nevada Arts Council grants can be a highly competitive process for limited funds. The strongest applications demonstrate a thoughtful planning process that includes an understanding of the community to benefit from the proposed project, an assessment of needs, and a concise explanation of how the project was designed and how it will be funded. All applicants must read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly before beginning to work on your grant application. All Nevada Arts Council grant applications must be submitted through our online grants management system. To apply for a grant applicants must register for a Submittable account at nevadaartscouncil.submittable.com/login
*NEW FOR 2022: UNIQUE ENTITY ID (UEI) REPLACING DUNS NUMBER*
Nevada Arts Council grants are partially made up of federal funds from the National Endowment for the Arts. The federal government previously required organizations and public institutions to have a DUNS number to receive federal grant awards, but they are now transitioning to the new Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) through SAM.gov as the primary identifier for all entities receiving federal funds. Beginning in 2022, all organizations and public institutions applying for funding from the Nevada Arts Council will be required to have a Unique Entity ID (UEI) from SAM.gov in alignment with requirements from the National Endowment for the Arts. Individuals applying for Nevada Arts Council funding do not need to have a Unique Entity ID (UEI).
What Action Do You Need to Take?
- If your entity is registered in SAM.gov today, your Unique Entity ID (SAM UEI) has already been assigned and is viewable in SAM.gov. This includes inactive registrations. The new SAM Unique Entity ID is currently located below the DUNS Number on your entity registration record. You must be signed in to your SAM.gov account to view .
- If you are not already registered in SAM.gov, please refer to the Quick Guide to Getting a Unique Entity ID to get a SAM Unique Entity ID (SAM) for your organization without having to complete a full entity registration. For more information, VIDEO: How to Get Your Unique Entity ID (SAM)
Online Grant System
FY23 Grant Workshop
Grant Writing Resources
- Grant Writing Tips for NAC (PDF)
- Calculating In-Kind Contributions (PDF)
- How to Write an Artist Resume and Biography (PDF)
- Folk and Traditional Artists – Biography Samples (PDF)
- ARTIST FELLOWSHIP GRANT – Discipline Definitions (PDF)
- ARTIST FELLOWSHIP GRANT (Contemporary) – Image/Video Upload Requirements (PDF)