NEVADA BASIN TO RANGE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
The Nevada Basin to Range Exchange (BRX) supports, promotes and celebrates rural-urban collaboration through arts and culture. BRX is a one year program that includes in-person gatherings, intercommunity arts, and cultural exchange activities and peer to peer mentorship. BRX aims to:
- Foster relationships between Nevada’s rural and urban communities.
- Connect resources, assets, traditions, and histories between rural and urban communities.
- Identify and encourage new funding streams, cross-sector partnerships, and collaborative approaches for arts and culture programming.
- Engage intercommunity arts initiatives as a way to enrich the lives of all residents, enhance the quality of life throughout the state and strengthen local economies.
- Celebrate Nevada’s rural and urban assets.
Twenty-five selected community leaders from across the state will be selected to participate in an in-person gathering in Tonopah on April 20-22, 2020. During that time, program participants will gather, network, learn and form small intercommunity partnerships or teams. Between April 2020-June 2021 teams will work together to plan and implement intercommunity arts initiatives. Attendance at the first in-person gathering is required.
This program is for anyone interested in connecting rural and urban Nevada through the arts. This includes but is not limited to artists, arts administrators, business owners, community leaders, educators, and arts enthusiasts.
To view full program description, including fees and important dates, please click here.